View Single Post
Old 06-17-02, 06:51 AM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Had one of these come into the shop for some repairs. If you're looking for a lightweight XC bike, this aint it! If you're looking for a shuttle-only freeride bike on a budget this IS it! I wasn't too sure about the quality, but it came spec'd pretty well with a combo of LX and XT parts, the brakes were mechanical discs (Pro-Max - I think!) and didn't have a good feel to them. The frame seemed o.k., some of the welds were a little cobby, but nothing structurally deficient. The fork was a no name knock-off, but seemed ok. The stem handlebar seatpost and seat were all a brand I've never heard of, and seemed heavy.

This bike weighed at least 45 lbs. If you're going to ride it where there are some chain lifts, great. Or if you're a hammer-head and want to pedal this thing around, go for it! I personally would get something a little lighter and more uphill friendly.

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger