Old 02-05-09, 05:56 AM
flip18436572
Triathlon in my future???

Bikes: Junk, that is why I am here. :-)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have multiple Friel books. They are a good read and you will have to adapt to your schedule. Not everything is made the same for every person. My weeks of available training time are different each week. As an example today, I am up by 4:20 and to work before 5:00. By the time I am out of work, I will referee for at least two hours of basketball, then immediately leave and go to my daughter's basketball game, and then go home to bed. Not sure when food will enter the picture, but I will get a lot of water. Absolutely no running, biking, lifting, swimming or other cardio work. I only got in 10 miles on my bike yesterday because of a similar work schedule and daughter's car not working properly, and wife's help. I carry a gym bag with multiple clothes in it for today, but no work out clothes.

Training will be your schedule. They will talk about training and then getting some immediate sleep. That might be ok for an athlete that is getting paid to work out, but not so OK for 45 year olds with work schedules. Do the training that will work on your schedule.
Swim, Bike, Run and sounds like fun