Old 06-17-02, 07:23 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
WOW! Talk about reverse snobbery!

Denver, did it occur to you either that this group of "snobs" weren't actually lost, or that they simply reacted negatively -- as many people do in and out of lycra -- to unsolicited advice? What does the fabric of their shorts have to do with anything?
I guess you would have had to have been there, V.

I did not offer "unsolicited advice" in the sense you are thinking.

I came upon them, said "Hi!" (as is my way) which was NOT returned, went by slowly and listened as they discussed which way to go and where it might take them, and simply said to the effect that the trail I was on went a particular direction and ended up a particular place.

I guess at the very least I would expect, and would have given myself, some sort of an acknowledgement or even a thanks, just to be courteous.

Nope.

V. it was pretty obvious I was a book being judged by its cover. I almost always engage folks in some sort of a cursory "Hi!" or whatever, and almost always get some sort of acknowledgement. Not in this case.

So, absent a video or tape recording, you are just going to have to trust me.

Why are you so sure I am wrong and they were in the right, or that in some way I misjudged them?

Shucks, when I am all decked up in my Ride the Rockies Jersey, etc., I still find the time to say Howdy to folks (even those riding Huffies)!! It is one of the real benefits of biking - sort of a community of folks.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 06-17-02 at 07:29 AM.