Old 02-06-09, 01:13 AM
BikeMonger

Bikes: This week or last week?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redxj
I pick up from the local CL today, 1970's I am guessing Gitane track standard that is close to my size too (61cm seat tube and 58cm top tube both ctc). I got it sans seat and front wheel. The crankset is a Sugino with an 1/8" Mighty competition 151bcd chainring with a date code of Nov. 1973 on the crank arms! The rear wheel is a Normandy track hub laced to a Mavic tubular wheel, but the build is on its last legs. Cambio Rino pedals with clips (not shown) and some Binda straps. The other really nice part is the Cinelli steel track drops on it!

And, just for the fun of it before the tear down, cleaning, and regreasing begins I put a saddle on and mounted up a spare pair of my track wheels. I can't believe it actually fits the 700c X 28 Rolly Polly tire in the back. Click it for a bigger pic btw.

That is SWEET!

I have an old retired guy wants me to visit him, he says he has an old Peugout track bike he wants me to look at ......of coarse some guy told him its worth "like $600 Bucks!" so I am gong to visit him and see what it really is, maybe I can put him back on to earth and have a shot at it. Maybe next weeks hunt.