View Single Post
Old 02-06-09, 11:35 AM
Chucklehead
Whateverthehell

Bikes: '06 Blue Competition RC5AL w/ritchey pro fork, spinergy stealth PBO, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El Diablo Rojo
Just got through his 10 races last season (his first season racing road) and this is his first 4's race. Don't worry he'll be stomping the cr#p out of the 3's soon enough.
I'm glad he doesn't do crits. I had to witness the carnage in road races last year as a 4. He's part of the reason I won't even do them as a 3. Why even bother The only difference is that there will be more guys dropping me on the climbs.
I credit Wes for helping me realize that my territory stretches no farther than business parks and downtown courses when it comes to racing.

Originally Posted by OC Roadie
I was crushed when I saw his name show up the on the Reg list. I don't think he has it in the bag yet. We've got a guy from our morning rides that will give Wes a good battle. He's not on a team, but I think he's won everything he's done. The guy posted the fastest time at the last Fontucky XC Mtn bike race, faster than all the pro's! Well at least I know who to watch, sadly though, I'll probably be watching them ride up the road.

I'm in, rain, snow or shine.
Someone faster than Wes in a road race? Crikey, that's going to be a miserable day for a lot of folks who try to hang on. That would be an interesting battle to see, two mountain bikers destroying a roadie field. From what I remember, it was one of umd's teammates(Seth?) who beat him at Punchbowl last year. That was pretty surprising.