Old 02-07-09, 08:49 AM
Grim

Bikes: Cannondale T700s and a few others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
Funny, I was thinking of converting it into an urban bike. Wonder how the weight compares to my old steel Trek 950?

Bike looks like it is dying to have some slicks mounted, and I just happen to have a set in the workshop...
I commuted 1100 miles last year on a M400 made Hybrid and really enjoyed it. I ran a Specialized Crossroad in the back (rated 85PSI) and a Specialized Hemisphere in the front. Rode nice and smooth on the road and still enough bite for dry single track riding. The only bummer is C-Dale mountains have really long top tubes. That bike should be in the 25-27lb range depending on tires.

Well, I violated one of my cardinal rules on flips: No Mountain Bikes! I picked up a 1990 or 1991, 7 speed Cannondale SM500. Needs tires and some adjustments, otherwise it is in good shape. My first purchase from a newspaper ad. I didn't realize anyone used the old classified ads anymore. Got it at a good price, we'll see how it goes.
I also avoid "Mountain" and even Hybrids but somehow I have 3 right now that I am trying to move. Got them cheap and other then maintenance and an inner tube two of them are just clean up and resell to see if I can make a quick $20-30.

The "dumb one" was a well abused Peugeot US express step through that just wont leave. Needs tires and I'll be upside down if I buy tires for it. It rides ok but even with the Cro-mo frame it is a brick. I got suckered in by the factory installed Dyno light. Figured I could sell the light separate but it is nothing special and the frame has brazed on bracket making it incomplete to sell.
Advertising it as a "Bring tires and $40". Maybe I need to make it a single speed and put a $200 price tag on it to get rid of it.

Last edited by Grim; 02-07-09 at 08:52 AM.