View Single Post
Old 02-07-09, 01:23 PM
mijome07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vja4Him
I found another place to attach another blinkie -- on my fanny pack! The other day, the blinkie on my helmet fell off when I hit a pretty good bump. I secured the blinkie on my helmet with a zip tie, so it should stay on now.

Here is a picture showing all three blinkies, and four reflectors on the rear. The three bright lights on the bottom, are actually reflectors on my basket!!! I found really good reflectors, both red and amber, at two local auto parts stores (4 3/8" x 1 7/8").

Originally Posted by vja4Him
I almost got hit today as I was coming up to a side street. I did slow down, and thought that the driver would notice I'm comng up on him to cross the street. He never even looked to his left. They were talking on a cell phone, and pushed on the gas to enter the main street, just as I passed in front of them!

They were stopped at a stop sign, and should have been looking both ways, but they only looked to the right ... !!! That is scary, and I've seen that happen before, even when people are walking across a crosswalk.

I too pull out to the left lane sometimes to avoid being hit by a car that is ready to pull out onto the main street. Sometimes there is too much traffic, so I just have to stop, or turn to the right, and go down the street or sidewalk a bit, then go back to the main street.

Don't ever assume that the drivers have noticed you, and even you think they have seen you, sometimes they will not yield the right of way ...
Delta 115dB Airhorn