Old 02-09-09, 11:22 PM
JunkYardBike
Dropped

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by poprad
Thanks, appreciate the comments but also hoping to hear what folks think on the NR build vs the Ofmega build...if you have time to peruse that set link anyway.
I think I'm partial to this group, as 1) it's more in the spirit of the original Centurion Equipe build, and 2) it seems more appropriate with the more modern paint scheme. I know NR was produced until the mid 80's, but its traditional look has always struck me as something more appropriate for 60s and 70s frames with more muted paint schemes.

The Premier looks much better than the original spec NR in my opinion, especially given its similarity to the Mistral cranks. Not so sure I'm crazy about the Chorus levers. Maybe it's because they're on those particular bars, or just that the hoods look bulky. Why not try the original Universal AER brakeset (I'm assuming you have them, which may be wrong)?

Being the owner of an Equipe myself, one which came with most of the original build components missing, I've watched for Ofmega Mistral parts for a while. Twice, a seller somewhere in Holland or Denmark sold a complete Mistral group, but I haven't seen any since. I think they sold for something like $200 shipped to the US, according to my calculations. Now that would be a group worth trying on your frame.