View Single Post
Old 01-10-05, 02:06 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
In England most of us use rear gaurds. It's either that or stand up at the cafe's as they wont let you in. We have Mud in England, wheras some of you may not even know what it looks like.

Couple of makes that work, Crud Catcher and Wolf Gard. These are two that I can recommend, but the art of keeping clean is to set it up properly. Don't follow the Tyre Line. Set it up high on the post and as in the Photo of the Bianchi below. May look wierd, but Did a ride Sunday. Top of legs a bit splattered, but none above saddle height or up the Back and I mean None. Incidentally, this one is neither of the makes mentioned, just a cheap one with no name from my LBS

Incidentally, may not use the rear one in the summer, but as its on the bike it stays on. Summer rain still turns to mud. However the front one stays on all year round. On the speed Bike (Dale MT2000) I run the full fender on the front and that definitely stays on. Stones in the face at 50 mph hurt. (Downhill of course but top speed was 53 and the stones that missed the fender still hurt)
Get this finished eventually, Front forks are on the dale

Last edited by stapfam; 01-10-05 at 02:28 PM.