Old 01-10-05, 05:54 PM
Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Do single pivot not lockup the suspension under braking (depending on pivot location they either squat or jack)? That is what I have always been told. Fsr limits this to some degree. Both of these things have been explained to me fairly often, unless you have something different? When the suspension locks up the rear your bike will go through the rough stuff chattering (feels like a ht) IMO the chatter would limit your ability to maintain traction over an fsr which, as far as I know, maintains better traction when braking due to the rear end locking up. Active suspension vs non-active suspension under braking.

I don't disagree with the second statement at all. I was simply stating I think with a well setup suspension bike and proper braking techniques (braking before and after a turn) traction would be increased not made worse (as was stated above)

The response you quoted was not in response to the original question but in respose to a question about how suspension affects turning. If I am still wrong feel free to fill me, this is just how I have had it explained to