View Single Post
Old 02-13-09, 09:53 AM
UnsafeAlpine
Domestic Domestique

Bikes: Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
A cycling questionnaire

My friend, zaptera, and I are doing some research to see if our idea related to onboard cycling information will be useful to the general cycling population. Please take a few minutes to fill out the following questionnaire and help us out. Your responses will allow us to create something more useful for the community plus you get to learn a bit more about your fellow cyclists. If you'd like your response kept private, you can PM either zaptera or me with the filled out questionnaire. Thank you in advance.

Personal Cycling Data Questionnaire

What type of cycling do you do?

What information do you rely on while cycling? Mileage, Odometer, Time, Current Speed, Avg. Speed, Max Speed, Peak Power, Time in Zones, Current Power, Avg. Power, Max. Power, Current HR, Avg. HR, Current Cadence, Avg. Cadence, Energy Expenditure, GPS data, other_________________________________.

Do you use the same information with all of your biking (road, mountain, cycle-cross, trainer, commuting, ...). If not, how does the information differ and why?

What information would you like to have that you don't have already? Is there something already out there that you don’t have and is there something not on the market that you feel would be useful?

What factors determine the information you use currently? Price, what's available, desire, quality, etc.

Do you feel that having as much information as possible is or would be a benefit to you? Please explain.

Do you feel that being able to have this information on all your bikes is or would be a benefit? Please explain.

What do you do with the information when you’re done with your ride?

Do you feel that having a way to keep track of this information is or would be a benefit to you? Please explain.