Old 02-15-09, 08:49 PM
mollusk
Elite Fred

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by mikearena
1. Told ya so.
Yes you did, and you were right.

2. It's my understanding that the slacker head tube of most time trial bikes will help smooth out the handling a little bit, but it'll never be quite as smooth as you're probably used to. I used to ride around on the track bike with aerobars (75* headtube) and that made for some close calls at times.
That makes sense.

3. Some aerobars let you attach the extensions underneath the bars. I'm using the Profile t2+ bars, and it required some rearrangement of the attachment hardware, but I've got them set up so they attach under the bars and get me about another inch or so lower. You could also just buy a really tiny bike for dirt cheap and set that up for time trials if you wanted a separate bike solution. But really, you should just pick up a Felt DA because I want to see one in person.
The aerobars I have do attach underneath, but I do want to get lower.

BTW Hector sent me a Bonktown link with a Quintana Roo DA equipped TT bike for way less than 2K last week in my size. Pure evil.