Old 02-16-09, 12:28 PM
trider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad to see some more discussion about the Citizens folders. After reading some old comments, the Citizens is a folder that some on this forum wouldn't be caught dead riding, its beneath their manhood. Its just too low cost of a folding bike, with low cost unspeakable components. To each it's own and thats ok.

My wife and I rode our Miami Citizens 20" folders 10 miles thru a state park this weekend and enjoyed it very much. Folded both right into the back of our 4-Runner with lots of room to spare. We just took our time and enjoyed the sights, wild animals and all. No problems with riding our bikes whatsoever. Had several people to ask about our folders and commented how pretty they are. The colors are outstanding.

As a "edit note", my wife and I both own wonderful 26" Trek & Gary Fisher regular size bikes. The total cost of both our folders shipped to our front door was less than my wife's Trek. But as our riding skills, stamina, and leg strength increase (new riders last Oct.), more and more we find ourselves choosing our folding bikes to take with us on riding adventures. The packing is just so darn easier and our Citizens folders work really well for our slow riding needs.

Last edited by trider; 02-16-09 at 12:37 PM.