bautieri
Downtown Spanky Brown

Bikes: Motobecane Phantom Cross Pro Kona Lana'I

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It’s Certified!

Back in October I declared my emeritus from Clydesdale status, this was using the regular slide scale in the locker-room at the gym. Since then my weight according to that particular scale has been rather steady, sorta bobs between 199 and 205 depending on diet and exercise levels. I’ve been active in the gym with racquet ball, jogging, and using a nifty elliptical machine. Last week while staring at the wall and running in place I noticed a poster stating that the gym now has personal trainers that are free to use for members. Frustrated that my weight has remained the same for the past few weeks despite increased activity at the gym I decided to leap on the offer. This morning I met with the trainer who developed a nice little work out plan, he suggested that to burn more fat I need to add time in the weight room with high reps and moderate weight to build and tone what muscle base I do have. This is counterintuitive to me as I am used to 3 sets of 8 with high weight. Now to the interesting (for me) part, prior to starting the new routine they make you undress and weigh in on a $5000 scale certified last week that measures your weight, bone density, body fat, height, and water content. Coming in to the work out this morning I was 198lbs with 19% body fat. I’m not sure how bad that is, but my math indicates I am carrying nearly 40lbs of goo on me. Granted a certain percentage is necessary for existence but 40lbs on a 5’8’’ frame seems a bit much. So it’s certified, 4 months later and still emeritus.

During the work out I discovered two things, first my legs, abdominal muscles, and lower back are incredibly strong (cyclist go figure), however my torso and inner thighs are rather weak. The abductor machines totally kicked my butt. I don’t know why this stuck with me but I just thought I would share. Next week I'm meeting with the nutritionist to see if we can further whittle away at my midsection.

Following on the heals of Gearhead, before (at my worst) and my present pictures will be posted. In three months I will resurrect this thread with an update on my progress. I'll be sticking to the planned work out and whatever eating plan is recommended by the nutritionist.

Ultimate goal is 180lbs.