Old 02-19-09, 01:32 PM
FatHead!

Bikes: 78 schwinn superior, 04 gary fisher tass, beat-up old trek 820, 50's hurc royal price

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks all for the help. just fyi, i did measure my hub demensions using a 1/2-way decent caliper. granted i'm using the rim's erd from the manufacturer, but everything i checked/double checked and is accurate. the spoke lengths i referenced were using a couple online calculators (one from the mentioned sheldon brown link).

my concern was mostly based on said link, where this was mentioned: The length is not super critical. Most spoke calculators give results to the tenth of a mm, but spokes are usually sold in 1 mm size increments (some brands only in 2 mm increments.) Generally, I round upward to the nearest available larger size.

i'm a science geek by trade, and lots of the numbers i deal with +/- 0.5mm would be huge. so i wasn't sure what was concidered critical or not. i figured the 0.5mm short thing wouldn't be too much of a problem, since all the spokes i looked at were rounded to the nearest 1mm. i just wasn't too sure about the drive side rear #.

so no, i'm not too interested in the gamble, and that's why i asked before i bought. it seemed like a pretty good deal to get a box, but i'm not interested in dealing with it coming out crappy either.

thanks again!