Stormclad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangBike
Thanks pals.

The information is really useful.

I intend to ride along the coast (flat road most of the time). I am 1.78m and weight around 85kg. Budget around S$1k-2K (by the way I am in Singapore). Currently looking at either the Dahon JetStream P8 or the MuSL. Can't decide which to buy as I am still shopping around.

Cheers!
Had to drop in after you mentioned you were Singaporean. Currently own a Brompton and Tikit. Recently acquired a Dahon Speed P8 for my better half to ride with me (formerly rode a Carryme).

Would like to offer a few observations.

Dahon is the only brand that can accomodate a budget of 1000sgd for 16 inch and 20 inch wheelers. There are of course other brands that can cater to an even lower budget like Monotine and Aleoca. LBS's that offer them include Speedmatrix and their distributors + and......Boonbikes.

If you are looking nearer 2000 sgd, you should take a look at Diginexx's (lavender st) offerings of Brompton, BF and Birdy to compare.

Brompton would be great, because for Park Connector riding, the upright position is perfect for cruising. Plus if you don't mind investing in their front carrier block. (costly, but trouble-free) you get a stylo-milo bag to put your barang-barang (malay for stuff).

I like my tikit because i get the options to change out a lot of components. BF Tikit is mostly assembled from standard sized bike components, like seatpost, stem and handlepost. Note that I have yet to take advantage of this.