cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 631 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by jasandalb
Okay... I need to shed 25lbs.........when I say need, I mean really want to drop 25lbs by April.
Currently I am at 205lbs.

My current "training schedule" is like this.

Monday night (usually 9pm...after studying) 5k run
Tuesday rest..(son's t-ball, homework)
Wednesday night...gym (again...9pm)
Thursday rest..(again, homework, son's t-ball, and doing "chores" around the house)
Saturday..club ride 20-25 miles 8:30 am - 9:30-10am
Sunday...quick ride by myself 10-15 miles.

Eating Habits...
My breakfast usually consist of 2 slices whole wheat bread with peanut butter (hey..I could buy some salmonella infected stuff and drop all my weight!!) or oatmeal
Snack around 10:30am.... carrots, or a few triscuits
Lunch...usually sandwich or 2 packs of ramen noodles
Snack around 3:00pm.... as above, or granola.
Dinner...depends

Is the only way for me to drop weight to get back to calorie counting and focus on a deficiency?
HELP!
Wed gym - make sure you do at least 40-45 min on a stationary bike ALONG with any weight workout, so you get home a little later...
Saturday - rather than an 8:30 start - start ride at 7-7:30 before the club ride. maybe ride out to the meet spot and then back home - works a ton for me... avg 7:15ish start means you get in at least another 12-15 miles (with good warmup) - 400 Kcals or so additional burn.
Sunday- same story - do 25 miles instead of 15 - another 250-300 Kcals

diet - good stuff, lots of water, no sodas or sweetened drinks, no gatorade, wine is about the same as beer in the Kcal story, so either counts. Both are good, but iff'n you want to cut Kcals, there's a good place.
ramen noodles - can we say 'SALT'!!!! drop the ramen...
no late eating after 8 PM
water - lots of water, water, mostly water, water...
add some non-redmeat protein early in the day - like mid-morning or sooner (we're not talkin eggs...)
you KNOW what has empty calories, eat only what works to rebuilding your cells. Peanut Butter is very marginal.
vegetable greens with as many meals as possible.
lots of meals need sauces, but for the time being, lay off the sauces
really wanna lose weight? cut the Kcals to no more than 800-900 for the entire day on the 'Rest Days'.
I've done 50 and 60 lb loses in 6 weeks, 2x times, using the above general guidelines while raisin 2 kids...
I vary between fat **** and skinny fat ****