Old 02-22-09, 11:10 AM
oldride

Bikes: 91 Specialized Sirrus, 96 Gary Fischer, 08 Specialized Roubaix Elite, 2010 Specialized Tricross Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MSchott
Thanks everyone. Here's a picture of the bike:

I recently added new tires, Conti Grand Prix 4000S 700 x 23. I've also upgraded to newer Ultegra pedals and Specialized shoes.

As far as a new bike, I'm amazed at how much has changed over the last 15 years. Carbon is everywhere and bikes weigh a lot less. Prices have doubled or tripled. This one was $1200.00 in 1992 with full Ultegra 600. I may look at a new bike next spring, mainly for the lighter weight, STI levers and added gears. I am concerned about the fragility of carbon though.

By the way my Bianchi has old fashioned long distance geometry. It's definitely not a crit bike. The head tube is not too steep and the top tube is long giving me a nice flat back when in the drops. I have short legs and a long torso so this works well for me. I don't seem to suffer from any back pain on the bike but I can't stay in the drops as much as before.
Nice bike!
I have a 1992 Specialized steel road bike. I recently went from a standard double crankset to a Sugino XD triple. I changed both derailers but kept the 7sp DT shifters. It's like a new bike. Much more versatile gearing. I also have a newer road bike but still love the old steel.