Old 02-24-09, 09:08 AM
EastBiker
Dis Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by folder fanatic
No need to be apologetic here, Nekohime. I am just happy and relieved to see that you are still riding in spite of that sad experience with your Piccolo. As for squeezing aboard a crowded train with a small folder, you can do it a tiny bit better with a 16" folder than a 20" one. Not by much though. It seems to be a problem of any space or cranny being occupied by pressed bodies or junk people like to tote with them. And I have seen the strangest things brought aboard buses or trains. When I was younger and before the Brompton, I used skateboards to get aboard the crowded buses (no trains at that time) and around campus when I got there. I think I would be a bit silly to ride one now at my age, but you will be fine on one (one of the hidden reasons why I bought the Brompton when I did). While even the most compact folder takes very little room, it still needs a spot to put it on. And people do not like to move one they jump on. So for me, I avoid using public transit anymore if I can help it. I seem to go back to the days before combining public transit/bikes was even dreamed of. I hope you will not be forced to even consider this.
Huh????