View Single Post
Old 02-25-09, 10:10 AM
mickey85
perpetually frazzled

Bikes: 1977 Bridgestone Kabuki Super Speed; 1979 Raleigh Professional; 1983 Raleigh Rapide mixte; 1974 Peugeot UO-8; 1993 Univega Activa Trail; 1972 Raleigh Sports; 1967 Phillips; 1981 Schwinn World Tourist; 1976 Schwinn LeTour mixte; 1964 Western Flyer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
So now, I've done some research on the Sports (though there's NOTHING on the internet about Nishikis in general and sports in specific), have figured out the wheels, tires, shifters and racks that I'm going to get for it (as well as the fenders), and have even started figuring out where this cash is coming from, yet I still don't have the bike. At this point, the chain, pedals and cables are wasted. I stopped by and found that the wife was home (a very strange woman...). She said that her husband had thought about getting rid of them, but that she's have him call me. No call. I'll give it until Saturday, then I'll stop by again. maybe if I frustrate him enough I'll get a solid yes or no.

Ultimately though, I'm amazed at the cheapness of 27" gear. I can save an easy $100-150 simply by keeping the wheel sizes stock! Hopefully, I'll make this my light-duty commuter, rack it out, and make it a randonneur, and use it for charity rides and weekend tours. Fun stuff!