Mine'sAPint
Needs a bigger hammer

Bikes: Fixed/SS Crosscheck, Kona Jake the Snake, Kona Explosif SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scrublover
Hea ya go. Surly x-check. Some very nice feeling steel fork I picked up two years back at Veloswap.
Surly hubs/Mavic hoops, swapped to QR axles, with bolt on ti skewers. King headset, Titec ti stem, Titec Malone bar - cut obviously; I never use the drops on this thing. Paul brakes, with Shimano something or other levers. USE ti post (from my mtb-i bent the thing; after cutting the bent half off, it was only long enough to use on this bike) and Performance house brand ti rail junk saver seat. Action-Tec ti bb, Shimano LX crank with generic 38T ring, alu crank and ring bolts. Wellgo ti axle pedals. 15T fixed cog, 18T freewheel; spends the majority of its time running fixed.

For the anal fit/sizing types who are gonna' have a fit over this one: Deal. I don't race. This is my commuter, sans rack and fenders at the moment. It's comfy. It fits. It sees the once or twice a month trail ride out at Hall Ranch. Nice to spin out there fixed, flip the wheel to hit the trail for a bit, then reverse the process to come home.

I love the bike. Rides road or dirt very well. Though I can't help lusting behind its back for an On-One Il Pompino frame to replace the Surly..........
Cool! Another SS/Fixie crosscheck! Here's a couple of pictures of mine that I just finished building up. Haven't much opportunity to ride it yet, just one fixed ride in the snow (hence the fenders). Can't wait to try it offroad.

I bought a lot of the parts on ebay or through various end of year sales. The frame is used and the seller had already removed all the frame decals - looks kinda cool that way.

Built up the wheels with a Surly flip/flop rear, 105 front laced to Alex DA28 rims with some cheap Ritchey SpeedMax tires. Deore crank, 36T ring, 15T fixed, 17T freewheel. LX cantis with cheap Shimano levers. Crankbros Candy pedals with matching Livestrong bracelets, very happy with how the colour scheme turned out