operator
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeLover1989
For those of you who live in Toronto or somewhere else in the GTA, how do you handle Toronto's "tough hilly-ness"?
There are just so many huge hills here, I wouldn't be able to cycle here if I wasn't in the good physical shape I am in right now. For example, Don Mills Rd. right from the start-point of O'Connor Dr. to the 401 or Eglinton East from like Bayview to Vic. Park Ave have multiple huge hills which try to act like obstacle courses. Even my commute to and from work is on a hill, with a mostly uphill ride to work and downhill when I go back home. I am not really bothered by hills most of the time and it is a good lower body workout when I ride my bike, plus I have very good gears on both of my bikes, but it sure gets annoying some of the time when there are big hills one after another and your shirt/sweater is soaked in so much sweat.

Opinions?
Those aren't hills, they're rises. You need to buy some cycling jerseys if you don't want to be all soaked in sweat. Regular t-shirts and sweaters aren't going to do. The type of bike also influences how hard it is on said routes as well.