View Single Post
Old 03-01-09, 09:28 AM
Wino Ryder
"Purgatory Central"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
No lipstick on a pig here. Thats a pretty nice job. I love that color of blue too, and the Ultegra 10-speed componentry. The Columbus 'Tenax' gives it that cool 'Italian' flare, and is some good stuff. The polished head lugs is a nice touch too. Really need to put some nice decals on it though, as that would 'complete' the bike.

I dont really like those wheels on that bike, or the tires. The wheels belong on a carbon or aluminum bike. It just doesnt seem to do that Columbus frame any justice in my opinion (Sorry). Open pros or cxp-33's with all black tires wouldve been better. The bike needs to be less "busy" on the lower end, like in the wheels. Your wheels are really nice though, just not on that bike. Black 'Open Pros' with silver eyelets and stainless spokes would look "killer" on that bike. It would give it the "bling" it needs on the lower end without all that "graphic" stuff on the rims.

Still, this is just my opinion, but you done a beautiful job bringing that classic Schwinn (with the 'ohh so sexy' Columbus frame) back to life.

I love it!

Last edited by Wino Ryder; 03-01-09 at 09:47 AM. Reason: re-evaluated after looking at the pictures again