sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
on line fitness plan

Originally Posted by telebianchi
This is true. Except that I just spent 10 days in Italy including walking all over Rome followed by six days of skiing in the Dolomites. I was even good by limiting my gelato intake to three two-scoop cones over the three days in Rome. But despite 6 to 8 hours of exercise each day I still put on several pounds. Well worth it considering the food I was eating and the wine I was drinking.

I'm about 5 lbs over where I wanted to be in late February and 15 lbs over where I want to be by mid-summer. But I'm not worried about dropping 15 lbs over the next four to five months. I just started using FitDay again this morning and there is now enough daylight to get short, quick morning rides in before work.
Telebianchi (and Chris R.),
Ditto in terms of weight loss goals. I dropped 30lbs 2 years ago and gain 10 back in winters. Now I want to loose the winter weight (again) but also want to loose another 10-15. I have two problems:

1. I can't find a BMI or other index that says I am the right weight.
2. Hills.

Chris says 4 meals. I have a home office and am up to 6 meals and still haven't lost weight

TB, I followed a similar Siena, Venice and Rome regime but haven't used FitDay or any on line cure. I record weight and workout on a spreadsheet but don't plan or record food or other detail.

Does FitDay do something else that helps? A couple of years ago I had Carmichael for 6 months. It was good in exercise plans, some feedback, podcasts helped with diet tips but not cheap.

PS. I believe your food and wine story but only 2x gelato?