View Single Post
Old 05-07-01, 05:13 PM
Little5_Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Excellent post....especially being your 500th post!! I applaud you. Motorist out there have no respect for cyclist or anybody on a bike...motorcycle included. I've had numerous friends get hit and injured by motorist's and nothing has come out of it, its a shame. Not sure if its the "uneducated" police that assume we the cyclist our in fault or or what. Painted bike lanes is a start but if I can get pulled over by Chicago's Finest..for rolling through a stop-sign and issued a warning, then themany jokers out there that can seriously harm another and get NOTHING is ludicrous!!! So in lume of this I have a funny story to tell about a motorist.

So there I was out on my nightly ride, minding my own business. It was the end of the ride so I was cruising along at a nice pace. There was a car full of teenagers heading towards me in the other lane of traffic. I noticed two had their heads out the window yelling something at me regarding my cycling shorts. I turned around said thank-you when they turned around they hit some construction horses and into a parked car. I really hope none of them were hurt, I finished my ride. I must admit, deep inside I felt a little revenge has be taken for all the cyclist out there that have been heckled by motorist's.

Just keep riding and stay safe out there.