View Single Post
Old 03-02-09, 09:15 PM
djork

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How long do I wait before I give a "lowball" offer? The more I look at the bike the more I'm falling in love with it. The bike looks to be in pristine shape based on the pics. It also looks to be the right size (15"). The thing is that it's just above my price point. In fact, my intention was to look for a cheap beater bike, something like an older model from a reputable company. Then I saw the Kona Smoke and it got me interested in commuter-specific bikes. Argh, now I've talked myself in increasing my budget from sub $100 to $350, but preferably $300 tops. Then I saw this ad for the Trek 7.3 FX. Is it worth it? I already have three other bikes--all mountain frames, except a Cannondale that I built as a street bike. Was supposed to be a commuter, grocery getter, but it got too fancy for me to leave it unattended.

The Trek, if I do get it, will be a commuter. By commuter, I mean city riding, errands, shopping, and hopefully transportation for work. I've not made that commuting comitment yet. Looking just for a city bike to replace the car for errands not only for short trips but also long ones.