Old 01-15-05, 02:24 PM
Prg146

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the responces... the Sequoia is sounding better now, and you guys are telling me what I thought, that it would be a good compromise between a racing and touring bike w/o any terrible problems at my weight.
Michael: As to the long self suficent touring, this is what this trip is going to be. I wont be in "remote" areas, but I'm not going to be sleeping in hotels or anything. I'm just going to bring a rain jacket waterproof, a fleece, some fleece pants, a sleeping bag, a tent, a bowl and silverwear, two disposable digital cameras, a pillow case, some tights + arm warmers and two sets of gloves, shorts, jerseys ect... thats about 25lbs of gear right... it can't be much more. I'm not going to bring a computer or anything.
And Gordans: I looked at the Allez line, but it just dosen't seem to be well suited to touring, and the main problem would be the tires... I need to have 28x700 and they wouldn't fit.
And one last question: Would i need new wheeles to fit larger tires on or does the wheel size not coraspond to the tire size, and if i would not need new wheeles are the wheeles on the sequoia strong enough to stand up to the long riding w/ loads and stay true?
Thanks For Answering