Thread: Car-Free issuse
View Single Post
Old 03-04-09, 05:03 PM
Robert Foster
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by I_Like_Bike
Thanks for all the ideas. I know this lifestyle is one that take years of planing. I think that it is more of a dream then anything. These days I feel that it is getting harder and harder to live car free.
I have been part of groups that have a dream very much like yours. I used to live in Orange county and had a sail boat in Newport beach. At least half of the people we socialized with wanted to fix up thier boats to sail the world. They learned how to fix boats or build things or do wood work or engine work or anything that would allow then to replentish their funds when in foreign ports. Several of them made it or at least lived on thier boat and sailed the world for ten years or so. Many of us planned on doing the same thing and some of us made it for a year or so.

When I started thinking about retirement I met people that sold their house or rented it out so they could take a RV all over the country. The make arrangements to go from one place or state to the next working for KOA or one of the other camp grounds for their space rent. Many of those people make it for the rest of their life.

Cyclists just have a different vision of the same dream.