View Single Post
Old 03-05-09, 07:37 PM
Straightblock
Fast Old Guy

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 672 Times in 177 Posts
Geez, after looking at Holiday76's pictures I feel kind of bad posting my ride pics from today. But not real bad.

My office is on furlough one day a week, so I can get in a good weekday ride. Here in Central California, the fruit trees are in full bloom:

Saw two coyotes in the low hills (second one is in the top right):

Wildflowers are popping out everywhere:

California has some of the toughest environmental laws in the country, and probably more self-proclaimed environmentalists per capita than any other state, yet we still have plenty of narcissistic roadies that think this is cool:

I stuffed it in my jersey along with 2 more from the roadside and packed them home. There are already enough people in the foothills that don't like cyclists without us leaving our trash on their property.

People that come from out of the area to spring races or centuries think we're pretty lucky to have someplace like this to ride. But by early May all the green hills are mostly brown, and by mid-June everything is tinder-dry. I thought the 45° temp at the start of the ride was pretty cold, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.