View Single Post
Old 03-07-09, 06:27 AM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kr32
This is nice to know as I have a Blue Cannondale.

One question i have is where do you find time to do all this testing and work. Have you weighed both frames? Maybe the blue one is lighter? Dunno
It didn't take more than an afternoon to do the testing and gear changes. We started about 11:30 am and were done around 6 pm. The wheel changes were just a few minutes and the bottom brackets were only about 30 minutes each switch. The rest was the riding.

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
So how old is the son?

If you think the blue bike is faster now, wait until the two of you try riding together. My bet is when that happens the blue bike is going to be a LOT faster.

My sons seem to have a knack for finding bikes that are painted faster colors than mine too.
He's coming over Sunday afternoon for a ride. Maybe I'll ask him to switch bikes for the whole ride. I suspect, however, that this won't help much. He'll still be using 25 year old legs to my 57 year old legs. Despite this I sure would like to know what is causing the difference.