Old 03-07-09, 11:59 AM
merckx_rider
OUTLAW BIKER

Bikes: Eddy Merckx team 7-11 Corsa Extra Full Dura Ace, 2015 Equalizer Electric Fat Tire Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alicestrong
Wow! Who makes that bike, it's wild...
Thanks, I get that on every ride. Its also huge with a 69 inch wheelbase, and very heavy over 60 lbs.....
all steel frame. I was a limited run available for one year 3 years ago... made by "greenline", and called the "BIG GUY".... especially made for over 6' tall and everything is super heavy duty... of course I still broke parts.... I have over 10K miles on it. I mounted my winter light set on it (also very heavy), and ride it at night... Although since tonight is the clock adjustment I think I can loose the lights for the summer now.
Best part is the ride, smooth.... and it handles better than one would expect. I came into the turn for the tressle bridge really hot once and did a dirt bike slide... by accident, woke me up, but it handled it.
Only thing I'd change is to add gears, it's a single speed with freewheel and hand brakes. But the frame is so stiff I'd have to really bend it to fit a wider axle, so I just enjoy it for what it is...

My real pride and joy: all original with over 60k miles, Merckx team 711

Last edited by merckx_rider; 03-07-09 at 12:15 PM.