View Single Post
Old 03-10-09, 07:37 AM
AnthonyG

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3450 Post(s)
Liked 420 Times in 289 Posts
Originally Posted by C_Heath
Fibro (imo) is the hypocondriacts deasease. I hurt, my wife hurts, its called getting older. This society thinks there is a pill for everything. Good job on not taking the drugs. Fibro is in your head and on your docs wallet I mean mind.

Flame away.
There is no such thing as hypochondria. I assume that's what you mean because your spellings USCWAP.

To call someone a hypochondriac is that act of a true believer insulting a non-believer. See when a doctor says there is nothing wrong with you, you are supposed to go "There is nothing wrong with me. I'm cured. Thanks Doc".

There is a dominant faith in the western world that our allopathic medical model is the best the world has ever seen and will ever see. If it says that nothing is wrong with you then nothing is wrong with you and no debate will be entered into. To challenge this belief is only inviting yourself to be derided as a hypochondriac.

If someone truly believes that they are sick then they are sick. Now this may not mean that a doctor should give them a script for the latest wonder drug that they think they need I will agree there but if you honestly think your sick then your sick.

Anthony