View Single Post
Old 01-17-05, 11:14 PM
steveknight

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
slip sliding away

Well tonight was a fun commuting what with the light rain and gravel from the one day of icy roads. Of course all the gravel is in the bike lane right where it belongs. So here I am not going too fast as I am going uphill and the rear wheel slides sideways a couple feet. Now that is a first and a bit freaky I stopped and looked and a flat rear wheel. Uug perfect day for it in the dark and rain. Well get it changed and off I go I come to the stoplight and hit the brakes and the front wheel slides sideways and there is no breaking in the rear. I did not get the quick release on right for the rear brake. Luckily my cleats are about shot and I could get my foot out fast. I was not going very fast either.
So watch front wheel only breaking it is not a good idea on a bent (G)
Plus I was having a problem with my right family jewel hurting. I thought it was from my flat padding on my office chair it bulges up between my legs. I changed chairs and it eased up over the weekend. Well I was hurting at work and I figured out the problem. My new Rans seat was hurting the back of my rear because it has a lip that rises up. I finally cut it off and tilted the seat up some. Well that makes the nose bulge between my legs and hurt one of the jewels.
Man when it rains it pours (G) time for a armadillo rear wheel that Schwalbe Marathon has had two flats in 3 or so months and that’s with a tuffy liner.