ijunes
Last decade's model

Bikes: Felt CA1, Cannondale Capo, Bridgestone 112

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please assess my "time trial"

So the other day, me an 5 of my friends for the hell of it, ran a 24 mile time trial on a .6 mile circuit. Here is a link to the "course"

I finished my 24 miles at exactly 1 hour 6 minutes and 4 seconds with an average speed of 22.6 mph. The distance was cross referenced between 3 computers.

I was able to maintain 25-26 mph on the slightly downgrade section for the 40 laps, and my average on the slightly upgrade part started at 23 and dropped 1 mph every 10 laps, although the final 10 laps, i was able to kick it back up to 21.

i know pros average high 24s with nice aero bikes and all, but i understand the 160 90 degree turns i made also has to affect my speed.

i have several crits lined up for the season, starting with my first one coming up in 3 weeks. can any experienced riders give me some sort of assessment based on this?

I weigh in at 74.8 kg and my bike is 19 lb. the wind that night was calm, nothing noticeable when i wasn't riding. the wind tends to blow east and west in that section of the valley, and the long stretches were north and south.