Old 03-15-09, 07:04 AM
jboyd

Bikes: Giant "Rainier"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knzn
Dang, sorry about those ribs. That would be enough to make anyone have second thoughts.

So what about the power grips did you not like? I have been thinking about a pair for my Mtn bike.
I spent about two hours with the Power Grips (several adjustments). They are great. They do exactly what they claim. Exiting them is much easier then clips. The problem right now, is that even though you are not clipped in with them, you have the same need to pull out on one side and lean to that side and then pull the other, just like clips. So, the outcome can be the same as clips if you don't pay attention.......OUCH! I just can not mentally handle it right now. Because of these broken ribs, I have not slept laying down in 7 weeks.

If I decide to go back, I will repurchase the Power Grips, but I have decided that I am willing to give up some efficiency this year to be able to just hop on and off of bike without any concerns. It is just my personal choice. I will be using platforms with pins and learning the "back drag" for added efficiency. They say if you use pins and drag on the pedal as it is coming up, like wiping dog poop from your shoe, it assists with pedal efficiency. We will see.