Saberhead
Bikes hella booty!

Bikes: 725TR Leader

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fixed gear culture

So this morning I went to a really little bike shop in my neighborhood to check it out. The guy that owned it was really nice and helpfull and we got to talking for awhile about fixed gear culture and the people who are involved. Ive known for a while now that there is obviously a culture somewhat accompanied to fix geared riding in most cities, and he invited me to go to one of the events held on Fridays here in Seattle, but mentioned to me that there are some people that are jerks out there that dont want new people involved in fixed gear riding. I enjoy "talking bike" with anyone, and I dont really mind if people are proud of being involved in a sub culture surrounding it and dont want it "exploited", but at the same time I think anyone riding a bicycle is great, regardless. Why is it that some people feel differently? Maybe the fixed gear snobbery is something I dont understand, but I guess I'd like to know why some people have this mentality in the first place.

If you feel like you're one of these people, mind giving me some insight? Im just curious