Old 03-17-09, 02:59 PM
d2create

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
cs1, thanks! I love it!

Originally Posted by isotopesope
i don't understand why you need a true cross racing bike, when you aren't planning on racing or running very fat tires. this will just be a weekend road bike and commuter? the cross racing oriented chainrings of both bikes will probably leave you feeling undergeared.

why not take the group from your felt and slap it onto a more commuter friendly road frameset that takes fatter tires? the salsa cassarole comes to mind. or move the group to a not-so-racy cross frame for that matter. soma double cross?
I like my Felt, so basically I'm looking for something like that with ability to run fatter tires and maybe fenders. The Riv is awesome, and I want to leave it as is for heavy duty commuting or regular chill riding. But for days when i want to travel light and fast, I'm looking for a fast, light, very well spec'd pre-built bike that I can also do long weekend rides on once in a while. Basically, if I stripped everything off of my Riv I would have what you're talking about, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I'm not sure how I'll feel about the gearing, never rode one. But Houston is soooo flat I'm always in the big ring up front and usually just one gear in back. I think my Riv has a 50 big ring so a little bigger than those two bikes. It's very seldom that I change gears. What would I be missing with the cross bike besides a few teeth up front?