JohnDThompson 
Old fart

Bikes: Several, mostly not name brands.

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3588 Post(s)
Liked 3,400 Times in 1,934 Posts
Originally Posted by robatsu
I have this really gorgeous NIB set of Maillard 700 hubs. I'm trying to find some information on these, they have one or two features I haven't seen on others, but I figure someone here will set me straight. FWIW, these are, bar none including campy, the most beautifully finished hubs I've ever owned. That is one reason why they are still new, I haven't been able to bring myself to use them.

The unusual, to me at least, features are that they are sealed bearings and the logo on the hub - it isn't the usual decal. I've posted pictures, any Maillard 700 experts who have any info about them - year of manufacture, where in the quality lineup, etc, would be much appreciated.

They are British threaded.
These were the top-of-the-line hubs; as good as anything else out there in both appearance and performance. The one drawback is that parts for them are virtually impossible to find these days, so treat them with care. I'm not sure on the precise date these may have been made, but they look like mid-80s.

There's a good chance that some Japanese collector is dying to get his hands on a set of these for his showcase, should you ever decide to sell them.