Old 01-20-05, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Well I went this morning. I had to teach this morning, so I did my 2 classes, then jumped my bike and rode through the snowstorm. I thought for sure they'd be closed out since the snow was getting pretty bad and it was freezing, but when I got there, they were in full swing.

There was a guy there passing out flyers about upcoming events for the Chicago Bike Federation, which was cool. I was pretty tempted to attend at least one event.

I also met a couple of women from Cycle Sisters. They were fun to talk to.

I got a slice of the Eli's Cheesecake with chocolate chips and some cocoa, and a bunch of us walked around and just talked to other folks. I finally met the "Hi" guy- this guy that rides around with a poster on his back that says "Hi" and has a big smiley face on it. I told him I'd seen him around town when I ride around the Sears Tower area, and we had a fun chat. He actually was thinking of putting an electric motor on his bike, and I screamed "No!". He laughed and was like "well, what should I do with my front wheel then?", and I said something like "use leg power?". We were all laughing. Turns out someone stole his other bike, and this was his new bike, so he wants to fix up his new ride (which is still a pretty old looking bike).

We all stood around and sucked down the cocoa until 9am, and as soon as it turned 9am, the guys started breaking down the tent and table, and I snagged one last piece of cheesecake, then rode with one of the Cycle Sisters for a few blocks.

All and all, it was a fun time. I'm glad I went.

Koffee