Old 01-20-05, 07:02 PM
SteelCommuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hardtail
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

I'd really consider bidding if I didn't want to change out so many of the parts. I'd want flat or riser bars, Modern style breaks, and if at all possible a Rohloff hub. Still the frame looks good.

I'm 181cm tall with a standover in bare feet of 88cm. Would a 56cm frame be big enough for me? I'd want the handlebar height to be equal with or a little ABOVE the saddle height. I want a nice comfortable tourer, commuter and off-road bike.

As a side, note I've been seriously looking at the Thorn Tour (Rohloff equipped) and the Bob Jackson World Tour 631. Anyone got any views on these? 26 inch wheels is a must for me.

Thanks
The frame size you choose depends on the bike. But, that said, you have the same measurements as me, and I would definitely choose a larger frame for a touring bike. I ride a 61 cm touring bike. I rode a 56 cm bike for a while, and kept wondering why it was never very comfortable. Well, it was too small. And don't let anyone talk you out of getting a frame size if it feels like a dream.