Old 03-22-09, 08:45 PM
moose67

Bikes: Carmel 3 26

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Specialized Globe Carmel 3 26..Any thoughts?

I've been looking for a while to replace my one of a kind custom built (my me) quad-recumbent. I've asked around here and a lot of ya'll have said the Specialized Hardrock was a good choice but I need to make sure the wheels are sturdy. I finally broke down and tried a couple of LBS's. I tried Outback Bikes in LIttle Five Points or should I say attempted to. Anyone familiar with Atlanta knows what that area is like on a beautifully warm saturday in March. No parking to speak of. Discouraged I looked up the other shop I had found closer to me which was Epic Bikes in Mcdonough. First of all let me say that being a uber clyde I was greeted with the warmest welcome you could have asked for. As soon as the guy was finished with the customer he was helping he came right over and we started talking. I quickly learned that the stock Hardrock I was looking at didn't have double wall wheels. After trying out a few I also learned that with my body dimensions and current weight I felt like I was leaning the handle bars. Now I know it wasn't a proper fitting but right off I didn't feel comfortable. AFter trying several bikes the guy there suggested I try the Specialized Globe Carmel 3. I sat on a 700 but immediately felt comfortable in the way I sat. They have a large frame with 26's that they are going to get together this week for me to try. My question (after a long winded statement) is has anyone had any dealings, experience, trials, tribulations... you get my drift. Any help is greatly appreciated.