View Single Post
Old 01-21-05, 09:47 AM
Billy Ray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KingFoo
My main question was how, whether, and why the extreme angle of the top tube of a classic women's frame is any better, worse, or the same as a frame with a 'man bar'? I am only reluctant to get the bike because I fear that wifey might discover the limitations of the bike sooner, rather than later. I'm probably just making something out of nothing- most likely, it's not a big enough deal to worry about. Thanks for all the good advice/suggestions so far.
I don't see this as much of an issue. Other than a little more weight, she probably won't discover much in the way of limitations. I would place her comfort with the bike at the top of the list of concerns. If she likes it, everything else will be much smoother.

Originally Posted by KingFoo
p.s. $150 bucks is alot of money for us. We don't lightly toss money around on a whim.
Been there, done that. I understand. Bear in mind, however, that even though $150 is a lot for you, $150 is a bargain for a decent bike. You will be hard-pressed to find something else of comparable quality that your wife likes at that price. In the event that she's tired of the bike in a few months or years, you can probably resell it for at least the $150 you put into it.

BR