Old 03-24-09, 11:18 AM
Thetank

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryScientist
^^ really? i think i have them adjusted pretty well, my issue is the amount of metal flex. when the brakes are fully clamped down, i can pull the brake lever an additional 2 inches which only serves to flex the caliper, resulting in a mushy type feel, is there anything else i could be doing wrong?

i have replaced the pads allready with ultegra carriers and kool stop pads which i had off another bike.

as i mentioned i havent actually ridden the bike yet, but the initial feel of the brakes is very poor.

any other suggestions?
Did you make sure the caliper is properly centered? if its not when you squeeze the lever its actually putting pressure on one side of the wheel more than the other and its gonna feel mushy. that and the previously mentioned cable stretch, I never use that cheap cable junk and just have extra cables I got from perfomance that won't stretch.
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=6812
Something like that but the ones I got were $5.99 a pair.

Tektro, even the cheapest ones won't flex, you're clearly doing something wrong or don't know exactly how the brake should feel, or you have the grip of a gorilla!