View Single Post
Old 03-26-09, 02:09 PM
pdxsteve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I will try again tonight but my camera is booty. Anyone with access to 18650's and a charger who wants a super bright, non-blinking light should buy this without question. The only thing that sucks is the wait. And finding an attachment point, but seriously, get creative.

1. I don't have enough knowledge of electronics to know if the flashlight is regulated.

2. I have been told by folks on candlepower forums that the "wet finger" test involves taking off the tail cap of a flashlight, wetting a finger and completing the circuit between the body of the flashlight and the bottom of the battery. You are making an electrical connection between the very top of the tail end threads and the battery. I HAVE BEEN TOLD that if the led glows slightly the flashlight is "direct drive." I not sure I could even provide a definition of "direct drive." This and my mt-e p7 both glow slightly when subjected to this test. As the only two flashlight I own, they both pass this test.

3. I can easily see this thing in the daylight from one end of my block (500'+).