Old 03-27-09, 06:57 PM
kawasakiguy37
Zing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Best cantilevers for my bike? EC90X Fork

I need a new front cantilever, bad. Ive tried messsing with a lot of different options on my tektro short 4's, and they squeal like mad in the front no matter what. I have two length "link" wires, one short and one long, and both suck. Etc etc.

What brakes should I upgrade to? Tektro cr520s? Shimano Br550s? Im a decently light rider (145 lbs) and am going to use the bike for trail / commuter / actual cross racing. I also do road riding, so it can have NO shudder at all ( I cant even use my front brake right now ). I have the cable stop mounted fairly high with a headset mounted version, as the EC90X doesnt seem to have a hole in it for a fork mounted stop. Should I ditch the link wire and switch to a yoke as well?

Basically, whats a decent cheap canti out there that will not give me shudder?

Finally, why are there 3 holes on my cantilever bosses? I have two cross forks, both look like that. I read tons of articles on adjusting cantilevers and Im pretty sure ive gotten everything down, but theres no mention of the three holes in any of them. I assume it has to due with spring tension and pad clearance?