View Single Post
Old 03-28-09, 07:00 PM
exile

Bikes: Workcycles FR8, 2016 Jamis Coda Comp, 2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I Use the PB superflash stealth, and it is definetly a good taillight. I also have a Mars 3.0 kit I believe. The kit came with a head and taillight. I think I picked mine up at Dick's Sporting goods or something like that. I purchased the later before going with the Superflash. Compared side by side at night about 100 or so feet away the Superflash was definetly brighter (I work at night). I picked up the Superflash because of suggestions by others and I can tell that light apart from others I see.

The headlight with the Mars is only good if you ride on well lit streets and like others said, its more of a be seen type light. The 3.0 taillight should be fine though, mine worked for the year I used it before changing over. I think most people think highly of the taillight considering the price. Headlights are another issue all together though. You'll read alot about the Fenix lights (I have two O-lights). They really are a multi purpose type light though, and not necessarily bike specific. You can buy the twofish lockblocks to mount most of the Fenix flashlights. Check out the Fenix Store for ideas.

Last edited by exile; 03-28-09 at 07:07 PM. Reason: mounting options