View Single Post
Old 03-28-09, 10:13 PM
guaps

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You guys are awesome, thanks! I'm going to look into a couple of things you all mentioned and see what I can do.

Originally Posted by Dave Hickey
What headset are you using?...Are you using a JIS standard headset? assuming you have a 1" headtube, there are two headset standards.. JIS and standard 1"... JIS has 30mm cups while standard 1" headsets have 30.2mm cups. there is a good chance there is nothing wrong with the frame at all..It might be you are using the wrong headset. a lot of Tange headsets are JIS...
It is an Origin 8 headset. It says Standard 1" on the box, and the guy at the shop said the head tube measured 30.4mm so those numbers all add up. So I think I have the right headset, but I'll double check anyways. If i do have the right one, I'll probably try the aluminum can shim.

Originally Posted by lukewall
Play in the headset cups and the headtube isn't going to be a "major" safety hazard?
So what is the safety concern here? Speed wobbles? I don't understand how this would "fail" if it did.

Originally Posted by beer slayer
The fine folks at King make oversize ones! from .02 to .10! only in silver. at least they did in the past back in the Santa Barbara days.
This is a last resort, because it will cost me more $$, but a very good option. Thanks!