satchmojack

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for a Pannier

Hi all.

It’s that time of year when us fair weather bike-commuters dig out our U locks and bike racks, and set out to battle the rush hour traffic on 2 wheels. Last year I was new to commuting by bike and was using a Trek Grocery pannier, which was the only one my local bike shop supplied. It worked well enough for about 6 months until the back started bending and catching my spokes. There were some other things I didn’t like about it too, but what i DID like is that it had a shoulder strap so I could carry my stuff up to the 5th floor without it being too awkward.

Now I’m looking for something better without emptying my bank account. Something with a rigid back, with more than 1,300 cu cm of storage so I can tote a change of clothes, shower supplies, towel, etc.; and if possible with some kind of shoulder strap, or at least something that isn’t awkward to carry around for too long. Water-proof isn’t absolutely necessary, as I’ll probably drive on those days.

I’ve been scouring the internet for different kinds, but without seeing it in person, I have a hard time committing. Any recommendations?