Old 04-02-09, 08:37 AM
zac

Bikes: I just ride them, they own me.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
you should have asked to see the cellphone and accidentally crushed it.
Trust me I have left a few fist/hand prints in some front right hoods and quarter panels from "distracted drivers" pulling out into my lane. After I do that, I give them the two fingers pointed into my eyes (telling them to look out) and shake my head as I ride away. The hand slap on the front end really gets their attention.

But that particular situation was sort of surreal. She seemed genuinely affected and did need me to add any more. Her husband was a nice guy too, I think he was a bit in shock by the incident too, maybe because no claim was going to be filed (dont forget I live in lawsuit rich Massachusetts, although that particular incident happened in NH). I didn't even exchange info, despite him wanting to do so. (State Law in NH to call police for any accident involving pedestrians/bicyclists).

BTW I never told my wife about this incident, she doesn't need any more excuses to try and keep me off my bikes. She doesn't like it (one of our first dates oh so many years ago, she was left feeling stood up...I was supposed to meet her in Boston...while I was in ICU after having been run over by a truck, noone had thought to call her and her family didn't know about the accident until later in the evening.) and the fact that I commute and ride in heavy traffic.

Hammer Nutrition 15% Referral Discount
MassBike.org - Same Road, Same Rules