View Single Post
Old 04-02-09, 10:46 AM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Redmond PD wouldn't do anything about a case of credit card fraud when I showed them shipping receipt evidence that the guy who stole my card number lived in my old apartment right next to the police station.
I called the King County Aggressive Driver report line once and here's how the conversation went:

me - "I want to report a driver who just attempted to run my vehicle off the road. I know his license plate, and there is a currently open case with the sheriff's department against this individual regarding previous harassment."

operator - "We can see if an officer is in the vicinity, but without an officer observing the incedent, we can't file a report."

me - "Is there any reason for having this number, then?" *hangup*

I don't have any mythic visions of the RPD or King Co. officers tracking down a driver even if there was video evidence of the person intentionally running over (and backing up just to be sure) a group of cyclists and joggers with baby strollers.